Nonprofit Public Relations
Metropolitan Detroit-based public relations, marketing and digital media firm Marx Layne & Company has a long and successful history positioning nonprofit clients before the many constituents they serve, including the local community, news media, donors, foundations, board members and business and municipal leaders. Our nonprofit clients range from entities serving the homeless to foundations with more than $800 million in assets.
Our agency regularly positions our nonprofit public relation clients as leaders, with their presidents and directors consistently awarded by key media with nonprofit awards such as “Michigander of the Year” (The Detroit News), “Best Managed Nonprofit” (Crain’s Detroit Business) and the “Eleanor Josaitis Unsung Hero Award (Detroit Free Press).”
In today’s economy, local, state and federal funding of nonprofits continues to decline. It is increasingly important for nonprofits to have an effective communications strategy allowing them to successfully fundraise. At Marx Layne & Company, our experience working with nonprofits has shown that by generating high-profile media coverage, as well as expertly positioning our client’s social media pages and websites, they are able to be more responsive, generate vital funding and increase membership.
For our nonprofit public relation clients, we provide unique, integrated marketing solutions, allowing them to have a greater impact communicating through the news media, their website, social media, special events, awards, fundraising, capital campaigns, electronic email, direct mail and other effective forms of communication.
Our qualified and creative professionals include executives with considerable experience in the nonprofit sector, as well as those with media and marketing backgrounds, who consistently:
- Identify and originate media opportunities
- Compose and disseminate news releases and media advisories
- Write and place bylined articles or commentaries on behalf of our clients, positioning them as experts
- Create, refresh and manage social media content
- Design, create and manage copy and optimize websites
- Develop video to be used on websites and social media pages
- Draft, design and distribute e-blasts
- Professionally write, design and produce collateral materials, including annual reports, programs, newsletters, invitations and other marketing materials
- Conceptualize and organize events, such as ribbon cuttings and fundraising dinners, to bring in new supporters and attention to nonprofit
- Develop speeches and scripts
- Position organizations and their CEO’s for nonprofit and community awards
- Develop volunteer, donor and supporter recognition strategies
- Work to develop a cohesive brand identity for our clients
We establish long-term working relationships with our nonprofit clients, becoming a virtual – and seamless – part of their organization. Their mission, hopes and goals become ours.