Summer slow down can be a good thing as it give us time to re-charge, but it’s a bad thing if you ignore your social media business pages while doing so.
During summer, most businesses are short-staffed with employees off on summer vacation. Think about that for a moment. If your employees are off, so are other people – including your clients and that means they are relaxing in the sun browsing Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook. Summer is a great time to boost your brand with a strategic summer-related digital marketing campaign.
Here’s how to increase your social media visibility and keep your pages active, while you or your staff are out on summer break.
1. Make it fun. Tie your message to what people are thinking of – warm weather and fun.
2. Plan content in advance. Since your staff is on vacation, Pre-write content that you can schedule in advance so that your page doesn’t look abandoned when you’re busy.
3. Use summer vacation to show the human side of your business. Ask employees to send photos of their travels and post it to your pages. Customers and clients love the personal side of business. We often relax with our clients’ products, pictured here:
4. Take Advantage of New Facebook and Instagram Features. Use Facebook Frames on your business page profile photo. Try a summer icon. Seem trivial? The new photo will show up high in your business feed and clients will relate that you, like them, want to embrace the season.
5. Add summer words in your marketing content – words like burning, sizzle, sunny! Sound cliché? It’s not. We all love blistering sales and hot tips on how to make more money.
6. Add a poll – Get clients engaging on your page while you are out at the beach. Ask questions like: Do you check your work email while you are at the lake? You will get a ton of comments! Try to tie your product/business into it.
7. Choose a Cause. It’s no doubt that nonprofit organizations receive less donations during summer months. Help them out by getting involved in the summer and share this news on social media. Your partnership with them also means they will give you social media mentions. We had fun painting for Grace Centers of Hope.
8. Use Existing Campaigns to Increase Your Weekly Content. #TBT (Throwback Thursdays) and #FF (Follow Fridays) are well established social media campaigns to use with your own content. They rank high on social media feeds. Like the one of the Marx Layne office and our office dog, Trevor.
9. No time to write social content and create business ads? Let Marx Layne & Company handle your entire social media marketing plan. We get sizzling results. Contact us here.